In this episode:
- 00:00 - Saurav Pathak’s introduction as Co-Founder and CPO of Bagisto.
- 07:19 - Saurav shares his first experience with open source.
- 08:40 - How Bagisto was created and why.
- 13:45 - How marketing decisions impacted the success of the project.
- 17:15 - The importance of personal connections in marketing your product.
- 20:49 - How Bagisto reached the top of Google’s search results page.
- 23:29 - Building a successful content marketing engine,
- 26:23 - Sustaining momentum after experiencing a viral burst.
- 28:34 - Keyword research for a website and building an audience to improve visibility.
- 30:39 - Building a community and other strategies for the growth of an open-source project.
- 35:51 - How this open source project approached pricing for its extensions.
- 39:08 - Technical details around distributing extensions and managing multiple instances.
- 41:58 - The process for handling license violations in open source businesses.
- 44:02 - Product abuse and license management in open source business.
- 46:10 - Measuring commercial success of the product.
- 49:53 - Managing your community in the open source space.
- 53:29 - Saurav’s insights on launching successful open source projects.